My work life is multi-faceted.
- I have an active international psychotherapy practice in which I work with clients both in my lovely Montreal office with a fireplace and by phone or Skype worldwide.
- I’m the founder and director of the Sedona Counselling Centre of Montreal, where we have thirty therapists offering a full range of wellness services to our community.
- I’m also an international guest expert on television and radio on issues related to mental health and emotional well being, notably appearing on NBC’s The Today Show and Oprah radio. I was featured in Time Magazine and Maclean’s (Canada), among many other media appearances.
- I write a blog called Schlepping Through Heartbreak for Psychology Today magazine that has had over 1.5 million views.
- I have written three books and edited a fourth. My first book is about sister relationships and the other three are about divorce and divorce recovery. As a result of one of my books, Runaway Husbands, I lead a worldwide community of women supporting each other through recovery from sudden unexpected divorces (learn more at the Runaway Husbands website.)
I’m a New Yorker but moved to Montreal in the 80’s and feel at home both places! I practiced Buddhism in my twenties so eastern thought informs my practice. I love nature, puzzles, walking, yoga, my little dog Chloe, world music and anything that makes me laugh.